LEATHER BAGS VS NYLON BAGS
Would you go on a vacation with a leather bag or Nylon bag? The finished products or both types of bags look very good but you must first consider your needs. Let’s take a quick look at these types of bags.
A Quick Look at Leather Bags
Leather in its most basic form is made from the hide of an animal. On processing the hide, they are well cleaned to remove hair and debris after which a chemical process is used stretched and tan the hide. The end product can either be a soft leather (mostly used for fashion), hard (travel) or suede. Leather bags are quite strong and durable. With a good finishing touch, these bags are highly fashionable.
A quick look at Nylon Bags
Known for its flexibility in manufacturing all sought of products from travel bags to wallets, these bags are man-made using polymers as material. Relatively cost-effective, it comes in all forms and colors and quite suitable for less strenuous use.
What makes Nylon bags so cool and Leather bags cooler?
Let’s take a deep dive into the awesome advantages of leather bags:
- Strong and resistant is one of the coolest advantages of leather bags. Say goodbye to scrapes and scratches. Your bag will last longer and withstand tougher conditions that nylon bags won’t even dream of (so sad :( ).
- Provides extra protection for the contents of the bag that nylon does not.
- Leather bags also create the right balance between style and practicality due to its low cost, and will not go out of fashion (at least not anytime soon :)).
- Sharp Objects don’t stand a chance with leather bags. Now for those of us, who travel around with sharp objects; don’t take a second look at a nylon bag even if it’s sold for 5 cents.
- Nylon bags are less expensive when compared to a leather bag.
- Unfortunately, nylon bags of low quality most times don’t have high or strong quality zips, bag handles or pockets.
- The cost of repairing a nylon bag when they break is at most times not worth it. Leather bags can easily be fixed with less effect on the initial quality. Just fix, polish and enjoy your bag.
Last Words on Leather Bags
Ensure you use suitable conditioners on a regular basis to nourish the leather. Always test out the conditioner on a small hidden spot to see its effect before applying on the general surface.
At Mustache Trading, we provide high quality, durable leather bags for everyday use. Shop today!